Free events Today, June 21
From 1 - 7 PM
* The Taste of Tuscany Cheeses, Belgium Cheeses and Piave
The Trappist monks in the Belgian Abbey of Chimay produce these cheeses using the fresh and creamy milk of the Chimay country side. Please come and try a taste!
Piave Red Label
This is one of our favorite Italian table cheeses, and if you've tried it, you know why! The smooth, firm, straw-yellow paste has a zingy, almondy sweetness - imagine "young Parmigiano-Reggiano" - and the finish is a burst of pineapple-citrus. Wow! Savorthe naturally occurring, crunchy amino-acid "flavor crystals" in the paste. Aged over 12 months. From Italy's Veneto region, made of pasteurized cow's milk.
Free tastings Friday, June 22
From 1 - 7 PM
* The taste of Tuscany cheeses, the Belgium cheeses and the Piave
* Also 11-3pm
We will have a demo on Sweet Lorens Ready To Bake Desserts.
Its an all-natural, ready-to-bake cookie dough and brownie batter contain the finest unrefined ingredients. They are made with 100% whole grains and natural sweeteners, and do not contain dairy products or preservatives. Just heat up your oven and in minutes you'll have piping-hot, delicious artisanal cookies and brownies
Free tastings Saturday, June 23
We will have demo cheeses from Germany
* Mushroom Brie: Chunks of mushrooms are added to the paste of the Brie, filling it with extra mushroomy goodness. The cheese is rich, creamy, tangy, and a little salty, too. Made of pasteurized cow's milk.
* Cambozola Black Label: Imagine soft, aromatic Camembert laced with tiny pockets of Gorgonzola
blue, but with enough cream added to the curds to make it a triple-creme. Nutty, smooth and pungent, with less of a salty taste. Made of pasteurized cow’s milk.
* Rougette: The name informs the appearance: little red cheese. The pretty color comes from washing the rind, then allowing the bloomy, white mold to flourish. While it's a very mild cheese, the buttery flavor has mushroomy hints, and suprising notes of caraway - although there are no caraway seeds to be found. Amazing! Pasteurized cow's milk.
Free tastings Sunday, June 24
From 2-5 PM
* Green Mountain Creamery Yogurt, they strive to balance a history of artisanal yogurt making with today's newest technologies to create the ultimate dairy treat. There product is made from the finest ingredients with no artificial colors, preservatives, additives, artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup. Made right in the Green Mountain State with rBST free Vermont milk.
Green Mountain yogurt will be on special for the month of June just $1.09 - regularly $1.98.